Building evidence to deliver hydrogen, 12 October
Dr Yu will be joining other hydrogen thought leaders on a panel discussion examining how networks will build the evidence for hydrogen, looking at:
- How network innovation is contributing to the evidence for the role of hydrogen in a net zero energy system
- How much hydrogen can we safely blend into Britain’s gas networks?
- What are the next steps in developing the safety case for blending hydrogen?
- Which refurbishments are required of our existing infrastructure to enable the safe transportation of 100% hydrogen?
- What commercial framework considerations are needed to allow the transport of H2 in the gas networks?
He will also be chairing the Power Electronics session on 15 October.
James is a charted engineer, an elected IET (Institute of Engineering and Technology) Fellow and a Royal Engineering Academy Visiting Professor. He is the convenor of a joint CIGRE Medium Voltage DC Working Group: C6/B4.37. James is also the deputy UK Regular Member of B4 (HVDC), under CIGRE.
James joined the UK electricity transmission/distribution industry after he finished his studies from Newcastle upon Tyne. He has taken various technical, commercial and managerial roles in the industry. James is currently accountable for the innovation projects delivery at SP Energy Networks. His team are working on flagship innovation projects at national and European level, and pushing the innovation into business.
James is passionate about education and fully aware of its profound impact on young people’s future. James has strong commitment in the engineering at schools and higher education in the UK. He is a PhD supervisor and visiting professor at various institutes, including Glasgow University, University of Newcastle upon Tyne and the University of Manchester. James published over 50 academic papers covering electricity market, transmission network control, renewable generation and engineering education.
Why Attend ENIC 21?
The ENIC conference is the only event of its kind, designed to bring together energy network innovators and decision makers from across the UK. You’ll hear from top speakers in the industry and be able to meet your peers as well as visit an exhibition hall packed with companies offering cutting edge solutions.