Low carbon heat and building strategies panel on 14 October
Zain will be joining a panel of experts to discuss crucial issues in the decarbonisation of heat, including:
- How can innovation priorities help to achieve new policies?
- What new policies and delivery support do we need to achieve net zero?
- Making decarbonisation work across the whole energy systemEmerging partnerships and collaborative models for the decarbonisation of heat
- The roles of local area planning and national coordination in the decarbonisation agenda
- How to achieve decarbonisation as a retrofit for homes, without increasing costs for consumers?
- How will it work for customers?
- What will their experience be and how much does industry need to facilitate for them and/or protect them?
Zain Habib is the Innovation Programme Manager at UK Power Networks. He is currently responsible for a pipeline of more than 23 innovation projects, which focus on enhancing the reliability and performance of the electricity network and facilitating the transition to a low carbon energy system with a specific focus on the heat sector.
Zain joined UK Power Networks in 2018 from National Grid, where he worked for over five years in numerous technical and management roles within Network Planning and Technical Operations supporting the Electricity National Control Centre.
He commenced his career as a graduate engineer at DNV GL in 2010, following the completion of his BEng and MSc in Electrical Power Systems Engineering at the University of Manchester.
Why Attend ENIC 21?
The ENIC conference is the only event of its kind, designed to bring together energy network innovators and decision makers from across the UK. You’ll hear from top speakers in the industry and be able to meet your peers as well as visit an exhibition hall packed with companies offering cutting edge solutions.