Wales and West Utilities join an impressive line-up at the Energy Networks Innovation Conference and networking event. As well as exhibiting, Wales and West Utilities is participating in a number of sessions including:
- Pressure control and management
- Funding innovation in RIIO-2
- Polling panel: RIIO-2 innovation strategies and planning
- Hydrogen storage for zero carbon fleet transport
- Green Gas Transport Pathway
- Regional decarbonisation pathways
- Panel: Providing whole energy system support for local authorities responding to the climate emergency
- Integrated calibration solution
- Industrial decarbonisation: South Wales Industrial Cluster (SWIC): proving the viability of decarbonisation at scale
- Panel: Gas networks’ role in the joining up of green industrial hubs
- StreetScore: supporting customers on the pathway to net zero
- Consumer vulnerability Q&A
- Panel: How networks are delivering the 10 Point Plan and what should our priorities be in 2022?
At Wales & West Utilities we look after the pipes that keep the gas flowing to heat the homes and power businesses of 7.5m people across Wales and south west England.
We operate the gas emergency service, connect new homes and businesses, and upgrade the gas network so it’s safe today and fit for the future.
We’re committed to playing our part in getting to Net Zero carbon emissions by 2050.
- Converting the gas network to run on green gas like hydrogen and biomethane – which will help the UK decarbonise domestic heat, heavy industry, power and transport cheaper than the alternatives. Compared to electrification alone, this could save each household £500 a year.
- Already connecting 19 biomethane production plants to the gas network, injecting enough decarbonised green gas to power approx. 180,000
- 46 power stations connected to our network help support renewable energy like wind and solar
And we’re getting our own house in order too by becoming a sustainable business. We’ll reuse or recycle 80% of its waste by 2026 and will send zero waste to landfill by 2035.
Our Business Plan for 2021-2026 is our most ambitious plan ever, built on the views of over 25,000 people across Wales and south west England. They told us to focus on preparing for the future and supporting the most vulnerable – so our innovation activity will be aligned to those aims: transforming our network to deliver net zero and identifying new ways to identify and support the most vulnerable.
Why Attend ENIC 21?
The ENIC conference is the only event of its kind, designed to bring together energy network innovators and decision makers from across the UK. You’ll hear from top speakers in the industry and be able to meet your peers as well as visit an exhibition hall packed with companies offering cutting edge solutions.