Western Power Distribution join an impressive line-up at the Energy Networks Innovation Conference and networking event. As well as exhibiting, Western Power Distribution is participating in a number of sessions including:
- EDGE-FCLi: The Cutting EDGE of Fault Level Limiting Technology
- Panel: What are the energy networks’ next steps in digital innovation?
- Deep dive discussions: Flexibility: what is needed to create end-to-end ecosystem from asset visibility to settlement?
- EFFS: Why an Enhanced Forecasting System is needed
- EPIC: better outcomes from integrated local energy planning
- Panel: Providing whole energy system support for local authorities responding to the climate emergency
- DC Share: Exploring the benefits of DC connections and meshed networks
- VENICE: ensuring that no one is left behind in the transition to net zero
- Panel: Ensuring no consumer is left behind in RIIO-2
Western Power Distribution is the Distribution Network Operator (DNO) responsible for electricity distribution in the Midlands, South West and Wales. As the DNO covering these four licence areas, we are responsible for keeping the lights on, maintaining the equipment in our distribution network, fixing any faults and connecting customers to the network. We deliver electricity to over 7.9 million customers over a 55,500 square kilometre service area. This electricity is distributed over 220,000 kilometres of overhead lines and underground cables.
- Our network changes rapidly and now has an increasing number of low carbon technologies connected to it, including renewable generation. Through our innovation work, we are adapting to these rapid changes in our network by developing novel ways of operating our assets, trialling smart technologies, and continuously providing more flexible solutions that are better, cheaper or quicker than the current ways of doing things.
- Everything we do in innovation revolves around our key values of decarbonisation, excellence and value for money. We are passionate about contributing to decarbonisation and overcoming the barriers to the energy transition and we aim to be providing the best value for money we can through every project we deliver. We strive to be achieving excellence by working with the best industry professionals and our communities, to enable the UK to meet Net Zero.
- We are excited to be part of the Energy Networks Innovation Conference as it provides a great opportunity for us to share learning from our innovation work and a great platform to engage with our industry stakeholders.
- Why Attend ENIC 21?
- The ENIC conference is the only event of its kind, designed to bring together energy network innovators and decision makers from across the UK. You’ll hear from top speakers in the industry and be able to meet your peers as well as visit an exhibition hall packed with companies offering cutting edge solutions.
- Find out more >>